For any dress type, the most important thing is its fabric or the dress material, irrespective of the design, and craftsmanship. It is said that fabric is the heart and soul of any dress. Choosing or getting the wrong fabric is the main culprit for the failure of any dress. Always purchase dress material from a well-known dress material distributor.
With numerous fabrics and attractive designs available in any fabric or textile shop, we can easily get lost with our selection. It is generally the patterns, designs, and colors that attract us to nay fabric. But, it is crucial for all of us to know that patterns, designs, and colors are a very small aspect of any fabric. The way you feel wearing the fabric, how is it going to respond in different weather conditions like hot and cold, and how will it feature when you put it on are all very important to consider while choosing the right fabric for any particular dress type that you may buy it for.
You can also buy dress material online from leading suppliers of the industry to ensure the quality and design.
Choosing the best dress material for a particular dress type
It is very easy to get overwhelmed with the variety and designs available at any dress material store with the innumerous varieties, put on display. But, if you have a clear idea and the knowledge in mind, you will for sure choose the right fabric for your desired dress.
1) Do some research: Get into some research work on the garment you want to make before you venture out to get the fabric? Maybe, some window shopping could help you understand similar dresses and the type of fabric that has been used. Look for the fabric that is trending and get to feel the same by touching and seeing it in real. There are so many cotton dress material dealers in the market but check the quality of cotton before making any purchase.
2) Examine the drape: Once you have been to a shop to buy the fabric unfold it a little more to see how it falls when hanged. The drape of the fabric is the most important factor that you should look for. For example, silk will hand very soft and nice, whereas, cotton or linens will much be heavy with the tendency to stick our when pleated or folded.
3) Examine the width of the fabric: This will help you determine how much you actually need to buy for a particular dress type. There are actually two to three variations in the width of any fabric, with a couple of them the most common.
4) Check and re-check the color: Often a particular color of fabric may look different on artificial light and in natural light. After choosing a color in the showroom, walk out to open natural light and check. Also, put it along your skin to examine how it will look one you. Choosing a color tone close to your natural skin tone may not allow the dress to come out when you put it on in reality.
5) Check the stretch and visualize: Check for the elasticity of the fabric. Some fabrics are stretchable and some may not be that much. What you need matters and the dress types you wanna make out of it. Be extra cautious while buying fabrics like lycra. Handling stretchable fabrics are not that easy. Visualize your dress. Make sure that the dress you want to make suits the type of fabric you are buying. Heavy fabrics are good for heavy figures.
The right type of fabric can make a huge difference in the way the final dress is going to look. So, keep these points in mind, and take your time before you make the final selection.
All rights reserved. © Textile Megastore | 2013