The Indian culture and traditions are the most diverse and so is Indian fashion. The dressing is a very important component of Indian fashion, and similarly, good dressing is never possible without good fabrics. It might be great to wear designer and fashionable clothes but it is also the detailing of the fabric that goes into making your favorite dress and thereby allowing you to make your style statement.
India is a land of culture, color, rituals, and clothes. We Indians love dressing our way and there are indigenous varieties of fabrics, as indigenous as our vivid and rich culture that is used in making our clothes. However, there are only a few fabrics that are the base in making the variety of clothes that we Indians wear.
Dress material manufacturers are providing the best quality and different materials so that the perfect and designer outfit can be carved from it. Be it a saree or a salwar kameez, the choice of fabric is endless in India. Let’s look at some of the most popular fabrics that go into making the best Indian wear:
1) Silk: Silk signifies elegance, class, and sophistication. It is the representation of luxury in a way. Made from natural fibers of the cocoon (caterpillars) is known for its pristine shine and elegance. Silk sarees and lehengas are the most beautiful creations of Indian wear. Silk is the most preferred fabric during festivities and especially Indian weddings.
2) Cotton: Cotton happens to be the most preferred fabric for everyone and especially during the summer days. Cotton is a light, easy, breathable, and comfortable fabric. The biggest advantage of cotton is that varied styles and cuts can be tried with it and as well blended with other fabrics to get better and more versatile results like the ones of Voile, Twill, Chanderi, and more. Cotton Kurtis online sale has boost up the industry as women's are adopting Indo-western culture nowadays.
3) Velvet: Like silk, velvet has also been associated with royalty. It is elegant, soft on the skin, and polished with a rich look that can dazzle anyone. It is an expensive fabric and often used in combinations with other fabrics delicately to create some stunning Indian outfits. Velvet is made from man-made fiber that can be deeply dyed in various color shades to give a rich and outrageous feeling.
4) Chiffon: Chiffon is another fabric made with man-made fibers that tend to be sheer, with some light shimmer and some simplest of weaves. Mostly used for formal and evening wears, because it gives an indifferent floaty look to dresses. Because of the slippery texture of chiffon, it is not that easy to work on them. Out of the rest, silk chiffons are the most prized ones because of their rich and elegant texture and shimmer.
5) Georgette: Georgette is of the pure and the faux types, where pure ones are woven out of silk and the faux variety is created by combining polyester and nylon. The delicate appearance, soft texture, and graceful loom of georgette make it an anytime favorite for women. It gives a heavy bouncy look, is very lightweight, crinkled, and sheer. Georgette Saree manufacturers are providing the best designer sarees to meet customers' demands.
India is a diverse country in every term – geography, culture, traditions, urbanization, and in the range and choice of fabrics. The original Indian fabric is though cotton, it has a varied range of fabrics that can be used to make numerous types of dresses.
All rights reserved. © Textile Megastore | 2013